- Daily Scripture Reading
- Stations of The Cross
- How To Pray The Rosary
- New American Bible
- Is God Calling You?
- Deanery Church Bulletins
Rev: James Sucholet
Rev. Mr. Peter L. Gill
Rev. Mr. Ronald E. Blank
Director of Religious Education:
Sandra P. Gill
Parish Council Chairman:
Ladies Guild President:
Holy Name Society President:
145 Hubbard Street
PO Box 457
RESTOUT, Jean II
Oil on canvas, 465 x 778 cm
Musée du Louvre, Paris
The month of May is dedicated to The Blessed Virgin Mary. The first 19 days of the month fall within the liturgical season of Easter, which is represented by the liturgical color white — the color of light, a symbol of joy, purity and innocence (absolute or restored). The remainder of the month (beginning the Monday after Pentecost) is in Ordinary Time which is represented by the liturgical color green. This symbol of hope is the color of the sprouting seed and arouses in the faithful the hope of reaping the eternal harvest of heaven, especially the hope of a glorious resurrection.
Feasts for May
The feasts on the General Roman Calendar celebrated during the month of May are:
1. Joseph the Worker, Opt. Mem.
2. Athanasius, Memorial
3. Philip and James, Feast
5. Sixth Sunday of Easter, Sunday
10. St. Damien Joseph de Veuster, priest, Opt. Mem.
12. Ascension or the Seventh Sunday of Easter, Sunday
13. Our Lady of Fatima, Opt. Mem.
14. Matthias, Feast
15. Isidore the Farmer (USA), Opt. Mem.
18. John I, Opt. Mem.
19. Pentecost; Whitsunday, Sunday
20. Bernardine of Siena, Opt. Mem.
21. Christopher Magallanes and companions; Eugene de Mazenod (Canada), Opt. Mem.
22. Rita of Cascia, Opt. Mem.
25. Bede the Venerable; Gregory VII; Mary Magdalene de Pazzi, Opt. Mem.
26. Trinity Sunday, Solemnity
27. Augustine of Canterbury, Opt. Mem.
31. Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Feast
Focus of the Liturgy
The Gospel readings for all the Sundays in May are taken from St. John and St. Luke and are from Year C, Cycle 1.
May 5th - 6th Sunday of Easter
In this Gospel Jesus promises to send the Holy Spirit.
May 12th -Ascension
(7 Sunday of Easter)
This Gospel relates Christ's Ascension into heaven.
May 19th- Pentecost Sunday
In this Gospel Jesus gives the Apostles the power to forgive sins
May 26th - Trinity Sunday
Jesus says the Spirit of truth will come and that everything the Father has is His.