- Daily Scripture Reading
-Stations of The Cross
-How To Pray The Rosary
-New American Bible
-Is God Calling You?
-Deanery Church Bulletins
Father Jan Swiderski
Rev. Mr. Peter L. Gill
Rev. Mr. Ronald E. Blank
Director of Religious Education:
Sandra P. Gill
Parish Council Chairman:
Ladies Guild President:
Holy Name Society President:
145 Hubbard Street
PO Box 457
Supper at Emmaus (detail)
Oil on canvas
National Gallery, London
The feasts on the General Roman Calendar celebrated during the month of August are:
1. Alphonsus Liguori, Memorial
2. Eighteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time, Sunday
4. John Vianney, Memorial
5. Dedication of St. Mary Major, Opt. Mem.
6. Transfiguration, Feast
7. Sixtus II and companions; Cajetan, Opt. Mem.
8. Dominic, Memorial
9. Nineteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time, Sunday
10. Lawrence, Feast
11. Clare, Memorial
13. Pontian and Hippolytus, Opt. Mem.
14. Maximilian Kolbe, Memorial
15. Assumption, Solemnity
16. Twentieth Sunday in Ordinary Time, Sunday
19. John Eudes; St. Bernard Tolomei, Opt. Mem.
20. Bernard, Memorial
21. Pius X, Sunday
22. Queenship of Mary, Memorial
23. Twenty-First Sunday in Ordinary Time, Sunday
24. Bartholomew, Feast
25. Louis of France; Joseph Calasanz, Opt. Mem.
27. Monica, Memorial
28. Augustine, Memorial
29. Passion of Saint John the Baptist , Memorial
30. Twenty-Second Sunday in Ordinary Time, Sunday
The Gospel readings for the four Sundays in August are taken from St. John and St. Mark and are
taken from Year B, Cycle 1.
August 2nd - 18th Sunday of Ordinary Time
Jesus tells the crowd that He is the Bread of Life.
August 9th - 19th Sunday of Ordinary Time
In this Gospel Jesus says that the bread He will give is His " flesh for the life of the world."
August 16th - 20th Sunday of Ordinary Time
In today's Gospel Jesus states that His Flesh is food and His Blood is drink.
August 23rd - 21st Sunday of Ordinary Time
In this Gospel Peter professes his faith that Christ is the Son of the living God."
August 30th - 22nd Sunday of Ordinary Time
Jesus calls the Pharisees hypocrites and says "You disregard God’s commandment but cling to human tradition".