- Daily Scripture Reading
-Stations of The Cross
-How To Pray The Rosary
-New American Bible
-Is God Calling You?
-Deanery Church Bulletins
Rev: James Sucholet
Rev. Mr. Peter L. Gill
Rev. Mr. Ronald E. Blank
Director of Religious Education:
Sandra P. Gill
Parish Council Chairman:
Ladies Guild President:
Holy Name Society President:
145 Hubbard Street
PO Box 457
Alexander Andreyevich Ivanov
The Appearance of Christ to Mary Magdalene
Oil on canvas
State Russian Museum, Saint Petersburg, Russia
The month of April is dedicated to The Holy Spirit. The first nineteen days of the month fall during the season of Lent which is represented by the liturgical color purple — a symbol of penance, mortification and the sorrow of a contrite heart. The rest of April falls in the Easter season in which white, the color of light, a symbol of joy, purity, and innocence, is the liturgical color.
The feasts on the General Roman Calendar celebrated during the month of April are:
2. Francis of Paola, Opt. Mem.
4. Isidore of Seville, Opt. Mem.
5. Vincent Ferrer, Opt. Mem.
6. Fifth Sunday of Lent, Sunday
7. John Baptist de la Salle, Opt. Mem.
11. Stanislaus of Cracow, Opt. Mem.
13. Palm Sunday, Sunday
17. Holy Thursday, Triduum
18. Good Friday, Triduum
19. Holy Saturday, Triduum
20. Easter Sunday, Solemnity
21. Easter Monday, Solemnity
22. Easter Tuesday, Solemnity
23. Easter Wednesday, Solemnity
24. Easter Thursday, Solemnity
25. Easter Friday, Solemnity
26. Easter Saturday, Solemnity
27. Divine Mercy Sunday, Solemnity
28. Peter Chanel (NZ, Feast); Louis Mary de Montfort; Gianna Molla, mother (Italy), Opt. Mem.
29. Catherine of Siena, Memorial
30. Pius V; Bl. Marie de l'Incarnacion (Can), Memorial
The Gospel readings for March are taken from St. Matthew and St. John. All are from Year A, Cycle 2.
April 6th- 5th Sunday of Lent
This Gospel tells the story of Jesus bringing Lazarus back to life.
April 13th- Palm Sunday
The Gospel is the reading of the Passion of Our Lord. .
April 20th - Easter Sunday
This Gospel recounts Mary Magdalen and the apostles visit to the empty tomb of Christ on Easter.
April 27th- Divine Mercy Sunday
The Gospel relates the story of doubting Thomas.